Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
At Sebel, we are committed to a higher purpose in everything we do. While we pride ourselves in making “great products that make great spaces”, that are very durable whilst providing the best value for money to our customers, we do this with utmost commitment to all our stakeholders – Customers, Suppliers, Employees, Shareholders, the Communities we operate in, the Government and the Society at large. In short, we aspire to be a responsible corporate citizen.
Key elements of our CSR policy
- Our Board of Directors has the ultimate oversight of the Sebel CSR and it actively leads, promotes and practises Corporate Social Responsibility at all times.
- We will be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics, governance and professionalism.
- We will run our day to day operations with utmost integrity and respect – integrity in everything we do, respect and adherence of all human rights, legislation, agreements & contracts and international treaties.
- Sustainability will underpin the work we do with our products, processes, people and manufacturing plants.
- We will pro-actively work towards improving the underprivileged and vulnerable sections of the society.
We will always conduct business with integrity and respect. We will:
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Show respect towards our customers, suppliers and other business partners.
- Practise zero tolerance to bribes and other corrupt practices
We will ensure that:
- We stay abreast of the local laws/legislation and adhere to the same.
- We meet our tax obligations in accordance with the local fiscal legislation, wherever we operate.
- We understand and meet the statutory requirements pertaining to all our products and processes.
- We conduct audits to identify opportunities for improvement and implement appropriate actions.
We will constantly strive to protect and preserve the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Identifying & implementing best practice in sustainability
- Recycling to the extent possible, wherever opportunities exist
- Conserving energy in everything we do
- Sourcing timber from sustainable forestry organisations
- Sourcing environmentally friendly technologies
We will protect the people we work with by:
- Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and community.
- Avoiding activities that impact on the lives & culture, especially indigenous communities.
- Supporting diversity and inclusion.
We will respect human rights & shun Modern Slavery in any form:
- We will provide equal opportunities irrespective of race, religion, sex or age
- We will seek guidance on and abide by all labour/employment laws and fair labour practices
- We will ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country including but not limited to, forced labour, bonded labour or child labour.
We will engage with the communities we operate in and to that purpose:
- We will consider, from time to time, opportunities to initiate and support community investment and educational programs.
- We will support schools and other public assets during times of calamities, by providing furniture and other assistance as appropriate.
- We will strive to stay local and encourage suppliers of products and services in the geographies we operate in.
- We will work with organisations that have programs for rehabilitation of prisoners and other disadvantaged groups who need a new lease of life.